These days of winter shifting to spring are full of fluctuations and freshness and remnants of coziness. That is my motivation for this recipe. This dish captures the transition from winter to spring. We enjoyed this with panko-crusted vegan “chicken” cutlets, but it would also be nice with a light fish dish. Enjoy!
½ onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 potato, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 fennel bulb, diced
A lot of broccoli, chopped
4 cups plant-based milk
Bouillon to taste
5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
3 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Cashew cream as desired
Liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste
1. Brown onions lightly in olive oil
2. Add garlic. Stir. Cook until fragrant.
3. Add potatoes and carrots. Stir for a few minutes.
4. Add plant-based milk and bouillon
5. When potatoes and carrots are just starting to get soft, add: fennel and broccoli, nutritional yeast, zest, and thyme
6. Thicken with cashew cream if needed
7. Add liquid aminos, soy sauce, and/or more bouillon to taste